- Landscape Practices-conference in Kautokeino is open for registration
- School sessions and gatherings autumn 2022
- 6 good reasons to study at Sami University of applied sciences
- Cooperation agreement signed
- Call for abstracts: Landscape Practices Conference
- New student ambassadors for Sámi University of Applied Sciences in Russia
- Inga Juuso – Tribute concert: Free tickets for students at Sámi University of Applied Sciences
- Welcome to register to the online part of the Sámi Education Conference 2021
- Start of studies autumn 2021
Indigenous Research in the 21th Century: Workshop
Rector of Sámi University College, Dr. Jelena Porsanger was an invited speaker at the workshop on Indigenous Research methodologies earlier this week, on June 3rd.
The workshop was organized by the School for Advanced Studies in Social Science (EHESS) in Paris. The program included several indigenous scholars from Aotearoa/New Zealand, Australia, Canada etc.
Discussion themes were - among others - indigenous social research paradigm, post-Indigenous studies, indigenous research ethics, validity and dependability of indigenous Research.
Among the presenters there have been Distinguished professor Graham Smith (Te Whare Wananga O Awanuiarangi, Aotearoa/New Zealand) , Margaret Kovach (Educational Foundations/Educational Administrations, University of Saskatchewan, Canada), Aileen Moreton-Robinson (National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network, Australia), and Brendan Hokowhitu (Faculty of Native Studies, University of Alberta, Canada).
Presentations will be published by the EHESS.