Information regarding the corona virus
The Sámi University of Applied Sciences (SUAS) monitors the corona virus situation continuously and puts measures into action based on advises from the authorities and own assessments. Health and safety is the number one priority, even though we have no indication saying that any of our students or staff has been infected by the virus.
The Norwegian government decided to prolong its Covid-19 measures that were made effective from the 4th of January to the 19th of January. The infection control measures will be prolonged from the 20th of January for as long as necessary. The government will assess the situation on an ongoing basis.
The government has given higher education institutions increased flexibility to make local assessments and adjustments concerning education. Sámi University of Applied Sciences have decided that it is possible to conduct lectures at Diehtosiida again as long as we comply with the infection control guidelines. The infection in Kautokeino and the surrounding area is low, and we have small student groups and enough space for our groups and employees.
The Infection Prevention and Control Guide is available as an e-course in Sami and English for students and staff:
- Watch the e-learning course: https://youtu.be/IBfPUlE9vxQ
For students: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/R9NG6TF
For staff: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/WFCQZDY
Physical and digital lectures
All lectures could be held at Diehtosiida as long as we comply with Sámi University of Applied Sciences’ infection control guidelines. It will still be possible to follow lectures digitally. More information to come from the coordinators.
Diehtosiida (SUAS’ campus) will be open for our students and employees.
Usually the front office makes entrance/student cards for the new students. Due to the covid-19 virus we encourage you to order this through the study administration by mail email@example.com. Remember to enclose your name and a picture of you.
Back to work at the office
Most of our employees are working from their offices at DIehtosiida again, but staff and students that are in the risk group are recommended to continue working from home, and following classes digitally.
The most important infection control measures that everyone should follow are:
1.Illness and quarantine (scroll down to read more about guidance about quarantine)
- If you are ill or have a feeling of illness, then you should stay at home.
- If you are in quarantine, then do not visit or stay at Diehtosiida.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly in lukewarm soapy water. If you do not have access to water, use hand disinfection with alcohol based products.
- Use paper tissue in front of your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Throw the tissue after use. If you do not have paper tissue, use a flexed elbow.
- Wash your hands before touching your face and before eating.
3. Keep a distance from others
- Keep at least 1 meter away from other people.
We recoomend our staff and students to travel as little as possible. If you are in quarantine, do not come to Diehtosiida. Stay updated with the governments recommendations concerning travels.
If you suspect that you are infected with the corona virus (flu symptoms) or you have been in contact with someone who has the corona virus:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- f you are ill and need medical help, or need individual health advice, contact your GP by phone or electronically.
- Call emergency room 116117 when the GP is not available and help cannot wait.
- In case of life-threatening illness or injury call 113 (In Norway).
- If you are quarantined and have symptoms, take a coronary test.
In case you have some questions
Please feel free to get in touch with us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your term start.